Corporate Strategic Planning and Management
Legislation/Program Assessment and Cost-Benefit Analysis
Litigation Support and Environmental Permitting
MISI has extensive experience in providing economic, energy, and environmental impact assessments for a wide variety of private and public sector clients. The impact analyses range from micro plant-specific and county-specific assessments to macro national and regional assessments. Major projects include:
- Assessment of the impact and potential mitigation options for the peaking of world conventional oil production, for the U.S. National Energy Technology Laboratory
- Estimation of the economic, energy, and environmental effects of enhanced corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) standards, for the Energy Foundation
- Analysis of the impact on Wisconsin of the increased use of natural gas to generate electricity, for Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce
- Assessment of the effects of the utilization of underfloor air distribution systems in new construction, for the U.S. General Services Administration
- Estimation of the economic and jobs impacts in each state generated by acid rain control programs, for various clients, including the U.S. Congress.
- Assessment of the relationship between economic growth, environmental protection, and job creation, for the Canadian Government
- Comparative analyses of energy and environmental programs in the U.S. and China, for the National Academies of Science, the Chinese Academy of Science, and the Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Analysis of the impact of technological change on the labor market for scientists and engineers, for the National Academy of Sciences.
- Analysis of the potential impact of the Environmental Justice movement on electric utilities, for the Electric Power Research Institute
- Estimation of the economic, energy, and jobs impacts in the U.S. of initiatives to lessen the nationís oil dependence, for the U.S. National Energy Technology Laboratory